21 May 2006

Well, Well, Well

So I've finally received a response to one of the many emails I've sent to the Hilton corporation. Funny how this should happen now that Milbloggers like Blackfive have turned the heat up again.

I've taken to dropping them a short email every time I travel that goes something like this:

To Whom It May Concern,

Just a reminder that I will be traveling again this week (I spend
over 100 nights each year away from my home), and I will not be choosing a Hilton-owned property for my hotel needs.

I simply cannot in good conscience do business with the company which has evicted Fran O'Brien's Steak House from one of its properties, the Capital Hilton.

Regards,


The very lame and predictable response:

Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the Fran O'Brien’s Steak House. By copy of this message, I am forwarding your message to the hotel management. Please allow for a response from that office should they need to contact you.

Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Regards,


Nope. Don't need any further assistance from the Hilton. But I have asked for it from my family, my friends, and my company. So far, everyone's been pretty happy to oblige.

By the way, SMASH reminds us that these are also Hilton properties:

Conrad Hotels
Doubletree
Embassy Suites Hotels
Hampton Inn
Hampton Inns & Suites
Hilton Hotels
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Scandic

My parents were planning to stay at a Hampton Inn next month. Were. And my sister is not too happy about this whole thing, either.

See the complete wrap up from Andi and Greyhawk's post on last Friday night's dinner hosted by the Italian Embassy. (I knew there was a reason I've always loved the Italians).

And to keep you motivated for the long haul, re-read one of my favorite posts about Fran O'Brien's from FbL.

No comments: