Landstuhl Regional Medical Center received over 3,100 sick and injured warriors in 2013. Soldiers' Angels again distributed over $200,000 worth of supplies to our Wounded Warriors, including over 1900 sets of sweats, 3800 t-shirts, underwear, and socks, 800lbs of personal care items, over 2500 hand made blankets, 400 phone cards, and much more.
Receiving comfort items as donations from fellow Americans back home provides a level of personal support that has a very positive impact on a patient's morale, and therefore on the recovery process. Your support is needed and very much appreciated!
MOST-NEEDED ITEMS for June 2014
Please print out, complete, and include this form in your packages. Without this information, we will be unable to confirm their receipt.
- Sweatpants and Zippered Hoodie Sweatjackets (M, L, XL - black or gray) Especially needed at this time.
(Many of our needed clothing items can be purchased online at Hanes or Walmart and sent directly to us. Here's an example from Walmart and another example from Hanes. If you choose this method, please email us with your order number and/or call your order a "Gift from... " with your name while placing your order so we can track and confirm your shipment.)
- Plain white undershirts and plain T-shirts (M, L, XL - crew neck, any color) Especially needed at this time.
- Men's Boxerbriefs (M, L, XL) 2nd choice boxers. Please do not send "tightie whities".
- Lounge/sleep pants/pj bottoms (M, L, XL - any color or pattern)
- Deodorant, small size preferred but not necessary
- Lip balm
- Toothpaste (any size)
- Good disposable razors, triple or quad-blade. Please do not send refills. (We would rather have a few good razors than 100 of the cheaper kind that tear guys' faces up!) Bulk packaging ok. Example.
- Nail Clippers (large & small)
- Flip flops to wear while showering (mens' large sizes)
- Gold Bond or similar Foot Powder and Body Powder, small travel size
- Shorts, baggy basketball-type (M, L, XL - any color)
- Shaving cream (Aerosol cans, travel size. Please do not send tubes of cream or gel.)
- Shampoo, travel size
Sale items/volume discounts for clothing and personal care items can often be found online. Many companies deliver directly to APOs, which avoids paying "double shipping". Sending donations Priority is not necessary. Ask your Post Office about Parcel Post rates.
Please send items to:
APO AE 09180
- Please notify us when items are shipped.
- Please print out, complete, and include this form in your packages. Without this information, we will be unable to confirm their receipt.
- Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for receipt confirmation.
- Priority shipping is not necessary. Consider using Parcel Post to save shipping expenses. Ask your Post Office for details.
What NOT to send:
- Please stick to the list above! If you have a question about sending something not on the list, please email us to ask before sending.
- Please do not send clothing sizes Small or 3X.
- Please do not send books or magazines.
- Please do not send cards or letters.
- All items received by medical facilities must be new and unused.
- Please do not wash before sending.
- Bulk items preferred. Please do not make up 'kits' or individual care packages.
What happens to your donations after they are sent to us? See Your donations - from receipt to distribution.
More photos of patients, staff, and angels at Landstuhl can be found on the Soldiers' Angels Germany Facebook page.
"A lot of the guys here are hurting. But when we see all that stuff... and know that people have sent it, and that other people have put it out here for us, it makes us feel really good."
- Soldier recovering at the Landstuhl outpatient barracks.
This information is current as of June 2014.