02 July 2007

Perspective

From Jack Army:

I didn't sign up for the possibility of dying in a VBIED any more than you did. However, given the nature of my job and current location, the possibility is higher than it ever has been in my career. I would say, however, that the possibility of you dying in a VBIED is higher than it ever has been in your life, based on what I saw on the news from Glasgow yesterday.

... I would add that despite the swooning and blaring music and graphics on your nightly news broadcast, casualties are not nearly as high as the American public is being led to believe. More people die in car accidents in America every day than are dying in Iraq, yet the folks dying in Iraq are dying fighting for something. The folks dying in America are just senseless deaths...

The rest of his post is a pretty good read too, as always.

No comments: