GPS: Guide to your Personal Success, The Ultimate Athletic Experience
Are you a physically disabled OIF / OEF veteran?
Have you ever had an interest in athletics? In attending college?
You may be eligible for a free, fully grant-funded athletics experience taking place on The University of Arizona campus in Tucson, Arizona May 27-31, 2009.
• Information specific to veterans about higher education (i.e. Post-9/11 GI Bill, Admissions, Financial Aid)
• Veterans Education and Transition Services Program: learn about the community of student veterans on campus and how to connect with one another on campus and in the community
• Hands-on introductions to the following sports:
• Wheelchair tennis
• Quad rugby
• Over the Line
• Wheelchair Football
• Wheelchair track
• Survey of alternative health techniques such as Qigong, Acupuncture and Meditation
• Introduction to the concept of Mindfulness
• Opportunity to work out in an adaptive gym and develop personalized fitness plan, including nutrition goals
• Stress management
• Sleep health
• Tucson destinations such as the Arizona Desert Museum and favorite local restaurants
Questions? Contact Amanda Kraus, Ph.D., Program Coordinator
Tel (520)626-0940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and online application form.
04 May 2009
University of Arizona hosts the "Ultimate Athletic Experience" for wounded OEF/OIF Veterans
Posted by MaryAnn