11 July 2008

Recovered

The families of Sergeant Alex Jimenez and Private Byron W. Fouty told reporters yesterday that the bodies of the two Soldiers have been recovered.

Jimenez, 25, and Fouty, 19, were kidnapped along with PFC Joseph Anzack during an ambush in May 2007. Anzack's body was recovered earlier this year. All three Soldiers were from the 2nd Brigade of the 10th Mountain Division.

"It's a very sad relief," Fouty's stepfather told reporters. "But I know I have to go forward, not just for our family, but for the other men and women who are still doing their job over there."

From May of last year:


My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.

No one can take them out of my hand.

My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand.


I'd like to thank all of you who continued to search for Jimenez and Fouty, and who fulfilled your promise that no man will ever be left behind.

Rest in peace, young Heroes. Welcome home.

No comments: