03 May 2006

Yep, That's Our Guys

You know how you always hear those stories about wounded soldiers wanting to return to duty? Well, Sgt Hook has another inspiring example here.

Meet one of your incredible Soldiers, SSG Willie Hall of Company B, 1st Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, currently serving in Iraq.

According to members of his unit, Hall provided first aid to fellow Soldiers before realizing he, too, was significantly wounded in both the neck and arm. After forcing their attackers to flee, Hall’s unit evacuated him for treatment.

He was transported to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where commenced on a six-month journey of treatment and physical therapy he hoped would bring him back to full health.

“As soon as I was feeling close to 100 percent, I knew I had to get back to my platoon,” said Hall. “That is where I belong.”


Go over to Hook's and meet SSG Hall.

No comments: