10 May 2006

"Soldiers’ Angels: Right On"

Letter to Soldier of Fortune online:

In the Bulletin Board section of the March ’06 issue, you carried a recommendation to support this organization.

I couldn’t agree more.

I have been down here on the security mission with a cavalry troop for about a year now, and signed up with Soldiers’ Angels on line, and within about a month was contacted by a member of this network of fine ladies.

Soon, I was in contact with a whole bevy of folks from all across America, who took the time to send cards, care packages, mail, e-mail, or just a kind word on a post card.

I’ve been soldiering around for a long time, and I can tell you that although this isn’t an area where the action is hot and heavy, but these folks helped us make it thru, what would have been a much longer tour without them. I don’t expect you’d allow me to say thank you to them by name, but these ladies put in some awfully long hours and all for us.

I can’t thank them enough for what they do. The readership could do worse than giving them some support, any way they can.

I love them all!

SSG James Dolan
Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay,
Cuba


Thank you for your service, SSG Dolan. We love you too!

No comments: