26 August 2011

Prayers for Sgt Jamie Jarboe




You only need to watch this video to know what type of people Jamie and Melissa Jarboe are.

On April 10, 2011, Jamie was shot by a sniper while on patrol in Afghanistan. The round went through his neck, damaging his trachea and fracturing his spine. The Jarboes have been told that Jamie will be a quadriplegic, but the biggest challenges to his recovery have been complications with his damaged trachea and esophagus, as well as infections.

Today my heart sank when I read Melissa's latest entry on their CaringBridge and Facebook pages:

Before Jamie was put on ventilator, I kissed his lips, told him I love him n I'll always be by his side, told him I give empowerment to Our Lord n we will follow his path, Jamie smiled n said yes I give my worries to God n then they sedated him... Jamie may be Septic, he will heavily sedated n kept unconscious so the machines can help him rest... We know God is in control and our life was created for this moment...

I had to ask the doctor if Jamie has sepsis... his answer was 'Yep'.

Both Jamie and Melissa have been incredibly strong for these many months, but they need your support now more than ever. Please take a moment to lift up this beautiful and brave young couple in prayer. You may also leave a message of support and encouragement at their Facebook page or CaringBridge page.


Update, 21 March 2012: Godspeed Sergeant Jamie Jarboe

No comments: